April 2012; With the London Bus Company in the UK, along with RLH 71
3rd December 2011: Still awaiting export from the USA to the UK.
September 2011: Sold to a new owner in the UK.
July 2001: North County Times newspaper article about RLH 53, RLH 69 and RLH 71 in Murrieta (link last updated 2018-03-18)
November 1993: sold at auction to a gentleman who wished to use them on a proposed tour of the Murrieta Temecula valley. The tour did not go ahead and the buses remained in a back yard for nearly 15 years (see above photos).
January 1972: Exported (perhaps with the non-authentic route 11 blinds in the apertures) to a museum 'the Hill Country Wagons to Wings Collection', Morgan Hill, California, USA along with RLH 53 and RLH 71 (for the next 40 years, those three buses stayed together).
17th April 1971: Withdrawn from London Transport
September 1970: Switched back to Dalston garage
March 1965: the bus served from Hornchurch garage
RLH 69 was always a Central area red bus, and during its LT career of nearly 20 years, served at all 4 of the Central area garages which operated RLHs.
Early history: According to the official LT record, it was allocated new to Merton on the 10.12.52. It was first overhauled between 30.8.56 and 19.10.56. It was re-allocated to Harrow Weald from 20.8.58, and overhauled again from 21.9.60 to 8.11.60. Another change of garage on 21.7.61 took it to Dalston. The final overhaul began in January 1965.
1952: RLH 69 was built, painted in red for use in the London Transport central area.
UK registration number: MXX 269. For other identifying numbers (chassis, body etc) please see this table.
© Timebus 2000-2021