November 1993: sold at auction, along with RLH 69 and RLH 71, to a gentleman who wished to use them on a proposed tour of the Murrieta Temecula valley. The tour did not go ahead and the buses remained in a back yard for nearly 15 years (see later photos, above).
January 1972: Exported (perhaps with the non-authentic route 11 blinds in the apertures) to a museum 'the Hill Country Wagons to Wings Collection', Morgan Hill, California, USA along with RLH 69 and RLH 71 (for the next 40 years, those three buses stayed together).
17th April 1971: The bus was withdrawn from London Transport.
RLH 53 was the first RLH to be delivered in red livery, and was always a Central area red bus. According to the official LT record, it was allocated new to Harrow Weald garage on the 19.11.52. It was first overhauled between 21.12.55 and 16.2.56. It was stored for 9 months from 20.8.58 until re-allocated to Dalston garage from 13.5.59, for the start of a new route called the 178. There were a further 2 overhauls (1.9.59 to 1.11.59 and 18.6.64 to 19.8.64).
1952: RLH 53 was built, painted in red for use in the London Transport central area.
UK registration number: MXX 253. For other identifying numbers (chassis, body etc) please see this table.