Routemaster Bus for Sale RMC 1477
Available for sale from: 28th December 2018
This 57 seat RMC 1962 Routemaster bus (well, actually originally referred to as a Green Line coach!) for sale is presented in fully restored, excellent condition and Timebus red livery.
- Maintained in intermittent use with Timebus for 13 years
- Recently held a class 6 (PSV) MoT, currently MoT exempt
- Exempt from London Low Emission Zone (LEZ) and congestion charge
- Registration original, 477 CLT
- Fleet number RMC 1477
- Seats 57, original style moquette upholstery and deep cushions
- Interior fully restored to original including luggage racks, rexine and Treadmaster
- Electric doors
- Engine AEC large capacity (11.3 litre) 690 model
- Standard ratio differential
- Rear axle air suspension converted to coil springs
- Discrete modernization features:
- Public Address system (saloon speakers, amp and microphone)
- Tachograph (within 6 year calibration period)
- Fan assisted saloon heater
- Hazard warning lights
- Reversing lamp and siren
- Dash repeater light for headlights main beam
- Double pole battery isolator switch
- Sliding cab bulkhead window
- Warning buzzer for emergency exit door
- Fibreshield glass fibre front roof dome
Asking price £49,000 + VAT. VAT will apply in all cases.
Viewing by appointment at our South Mimms depot in Hertfordshire - please telephone 01727 866248.
Explore the history of this Routemaster for sale in our History Fact Sheet (PDF).
Click on thumbnails below for high resolution images.
This bus is no longer available for hire. Just want to hire a bus rather than buy one? We have other Routemaster Express buses, of a similar specification, for rental.